First off, for the original contest journal please click here. It will be on my page that I post updates or any changes in the contest.
This contest is going to be based around video games, because not only does it make for fun entries, but almost all the prizes are video game based. Plus, there will be 12 winners, so let's get to it!
I want you to create a videogame mash-up. Basically, take two or more of your favorite video games, and combine them into one drawing or painting! So, let me break down the rules and guidelines.
RULES & GUIDELINES
- There's no limit to the amount of characters you use, but you'll need at least 2, and they have to be from different game series.
- They need to be relatively well-known characters or games. If you use something obscure, balance it with something else that's more popular.
- They don't just have to be the main hero or enemy, generic enemies or allies from games count as characters as long as they're unique to the game. Creatures also count.
I.E., you can use a Helghast soldier, but not a generic WWII allied soldier. Or, if you do, you still need at least 2 other qualified characters.
- Make sure to place them in some sort of environment, preferably from a specific game world.
- It has to be made for this contest, and all the work has to be done by YOU. In other words, no direct photomanips of characters, and no using old work. Matte painting is okay for backgrounds, but don't just plop a photo in. If you have a question, feel free to ask.
- And most of all, BE CREATIVE. I want everyone to have a good time and have a chance at the prizes, so it will be judged not only on skill, but most importantly, creativity and originality. Do something unexpected and interesting and feel free to use any medium you want!
To submit to the contest, I'll need you to upload your work to deviantART and make it clear in the artist comment area that it's for this contest. Then, I'll need you to NOTE me (`Rahll) the submission so I can keep track. Commenting or replying to the journal or news article will not be accepted.
12 finalists will receive an original 22"x28" Gears of War launch poster.
From those 12, the top 6 will also receive a random signed 9"x12" print of my work (`Rahll).
And the top 3 finalists, in addition to the poster and signed print, will receive a 96-page hardcover Dead Space artbook, complete with... 3D glasses, rofl.
Right now to judge, there is , with maybe more on the way.
The deadline is Saturday, December 4th, at 11:59pm EST. That gives you 21 days total!
Any questions, just let me know. In the mean time, get workin'!
P.S. I'm willing to front the cost of shipping for all the prizes, but if for some reason shipping to your country is outrageously expensive, I may have to ask for your help in curbing some of the cost, I hope you understand.